The Fring is a footrest / foot ring that spans two legs on the chair. It's especially useful for people who are a little too short for their work surface height and would like an alternative position for resting their feet besides the foot rest. Multiple positions and movement are usually favorable to constricted or single-position static postures.
- Loop Arms are not recommended in any application where forearm support is required during keying
- Gel Arms are softer and are recommended where forearm support is required for extensive data entry work
- Upholstered Back the back shell component with the selected fabric
- Lock on glides do not roll when the chair is occupied
- Lock off glides do not roll when the chair is unoccupied
- Use Soft Casters (urethane) for hard surface floors like tile, wood or concrete
If you are shorter than 5' tall and you have the good fortune to work at surface and or keyboard platform that is at the correct height, consider the 3" cylinder. If you work at regular height surfaces and your feet do not touch the floor, consider the Fring, and make sure you use a good footrest that allows you to rest the weight of your lower legs and feet in a forward position.
If you are over 6' 2" its usually a safe bet to use a 7" Cylinder instead of a 5"; also you'll want to consider the 800 seatpan.