OUR PREMIUM FLUORESCENT LIGHT FILTERS CREATE A MORE NATURAL AND BALANCED LIGHT: FLAT SHEETS
- Absorbs virtually all UVA and UVB up to 380 nanometers
- Absorbs 80-99% of UVA up to 390nm and 50-80% up to 400nm
- Exact dimensions of light filters are 22.5 inches x 46.5 inches
- Creates color-balanced light from unbalanced fluorescent light
- Eases visual strain by reducing glare & through light color balancing
- More than 6% increase in CRI on some of the best 5000K lamps
- More than 40% increase in CRI with many brands of cool fluorescent lamps
- Decreases light output, but increases visual acuity
- NOT SELF SUPPORTING—must lay atop diffuser or egg crate grid
- 1 at $45 / 2-4 $39 / 5-9 $35 / 10-49 $29 / 50+ $24.95 each
- Minimizes fading on textiles, art, and paper products
- Slows spoilage of foods caused by fluorescent light
- Free UPS shipping in the lower 48 United States
Our premium 2' x 4' 885 flat sheet filters and 685 tube filters are placed over standard fluorescent lights to produce the same full spectrum effect (a balance of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet found in sunlight). This will not only improve color rendering but also reduce glare. In addition, these filters cut 100% of UV radiation below 380 nanometers.
For those who already understand the benefits of full spectrum lighting, our 885 light filters bring many advantages over expensive full spectrum bulbs. Bulbs, which typically only remain full spectrum for 5,000 hours (or approximately a year), are costly to replace and don't offer any UV protection. In fact, most of these bulbs have increased UV when compared to a standard cool white lamp.
Although the filters decrease the overall light output, visual acuity is improved. The filter creates scotopically enhanced light by lowering certain wavelengths so that the critical blue-green component is more prominent. Despite less light, with the enhanced blue-green spectrum, the pupil is made smaller, allowing the eye to work more effectively with less light and therefore reducing the overall area of that light rays strike the back of the retinal surface. This causes the depth of field to increase and visual acuity is improved. This is especially useful for environments such as libraries, museums, the food industry and textile industry, where UV and visible light rays may be damaging, but visual acuity is still critical.
Numerous studies have proven the benefits of full-spectrum and natural day lighting. It can help those suffering from CVS - computer vision syndrome, SAD - seasonal affective disorder, and lupus erythematosus. Full-spectrum lighting improves performance in academic settings and students had more positive moods, developed fewer dental cavities, had better attendance, and better growth and development. They also suffered from less hyperactivity. While our light filtering system can’t convert fluorescent lighting into pure sunlight, it can vastly improve its quality and enhance your work, academic or institutional environment.
We would love for you to experience it for yourself. Please contact us for a trial run in a small section of your office, factory, or school. We suggest using the sleeves for fixtures with three or less 4' lamps and flat sheets for 4 lamp 2' x 4' fixtures. We also have more detailed information regarding these filters.
Professional installation is always recommended for all wall-mounted Ergomart products. Improper installation may result in injury or damage. Consult Ergomart technical support regarding any mounting concerns or questions.