OUR PREMIUM FLUORESCENT LIGHT FILTERS CREATE A MORE NATURAL AND BALANCED LIGHT
- Absorbs 80-99% of UVA up to 390nm and 50-80% up to 400nm
- More than 6% increase in CRI on some of the best 5000K lamps
- Creates color-balanced light from unbalanced fluorescent light
- More than 40% increase in CRI on cool fluorescent lamps
- Absorbs virtually all UVA and UVB up to 380 nanometers
- Minimizes fading on textiles, art, and paper products
- Slows spoilage of foods caused by fluorescent light
- Decreases light output, but increases visual acuity
- Call for pricing on 8 foot special order sleeves
- Two endcaps included with each lamp sleeve
- Eases visual strain by reducing glare
- Not recommended for HO lamps
- Free shipping with UPS Ground
Our premium 685 tube light filters and 885 flat sheets are placed over standard fluorescent lights to produce the same full spectrum effect (a balance of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet found in sunlight). This will not only improve color rendering but also reduce glare. In addition, these filters cut virtually all of UVA and UVB radiation below 380 nanometers.
For those who already understand the benefits of full spectrum lighting, our 685 light filters bring many advantages over expensive full spectrum bulbs. Bulbs, which typically only remain full spectrum for 5,000 hours (or approximately a year), are costly to replace and don't offer any UV protection. In fact, most of those full spectrum bulbs have increased UV when compared to a standard cool white lamp.
Although the filters decrease the overall light output, visual acuity is improved. The filter creates scotopically enhanced light by lowering certain wavelengths so that the critical blue-green component is more prominent. Despite less light, with the enhanced blue-green spectrum, the pupil is made smaller, allowing the iris to operate “more efficiently” and therefore allowing less confusing rays into the back of the retinal surface. This causes the depth of field to increase and visual acuity is improved. This is especially useful for environments such as libraries, museums, the food industry and textile industry, where UV and visible light rays may be damaging, but visual acuity is still an absolute requirement.
Numerous studies have proven the benefits of full-spectrum and natural daylighting. It can help those suffering from CVS—computer vision syndrome, SAD—seasonal affective disorder, and lupus erythematosus. Full-spectrum lighting improves performance in academic settings and students had more positive moods, developed fewer dental cavities, had better attendance, and better growth and development. They also suffered from less hyperactivity. This light filtering system effectively transitions your fluorescent lit setting towards a more daylight like environment.
We suggest using the sleeves for fixtures with three or less 4' lamps and flat sheets for 4 lamp 2' x 4' fixtures. More detailed information regarding these filters is available.